scanner woes

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Apr 28 14:09:01 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 13:11, Steven Didier wrote:
> Stefan, Appreciate the respo-nse however I am unable to update because
> of dependencies:
>
> xsane-gimps says I need libgimp-1.2.so.0, as does gtkam-gimp they also
> say that I need libgimpui-1.2.so.0
>
> yet yum cannot find those packages! Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Steve

I know the solution to this problem! Just do this:
First, try:

]$ yum install yum

# This will update yum to 2.0.5. Notice the message 'yum.conf created as
# yum.conf.rpmnew' You want to delete the actual /etc/yum.conf and
# replace it with yum.conf.rpmnew.. The new one feature freshrpms!
# rename as yum.conf of cource ;)
# then, if still get the libgimp-1.2.so.0 problem, do this as root:

]$ rpm -e --nodeps gimp gimp-devel; yum -y install gimp gimp devel

# This will remove gimp-1.2 then install gimp 1.3
# Now, 'yum update' will go sweet

-Andrew