boot failure

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Apr 29 09:13:01 2004

--- Thomas Sorensen <tomsor@comcast.net> wrote:

> I have used vi to edit my /etc/inittab file to run level 3 as
> everyone
> had suggested and then ran startx but get  an error message that
> says
> server error message 11. If I want to use Xconfigurator will I also
> run
> this in vi?

After root login, type Xautoconfigurator

It will do it's magic and then you will need to restart

X server error 11 is usually a misconfigured XF86config file.  This
should remedy if you run Xautoconfigurator.  Another option is for
you to tell us video card and monitor and we could send you a
"working" XF86configfile.