Crash before partitioning when installing YDL 3.0.1

Jack Taranto yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:21:37 +1000

I have seen this question sort of answered but I am not quite satisfied.

I have a 7600/200 with two hard drives a 2 gig and a 18 gig. Recently I
re-formated and re-partitioned joining the two hard drives together
using FWB Hard Disk Toolkit 4.5 and RAID 0.
I did this because the 2 gig was too small for YDL (I did have it
working before) and i didn't want to waste the space by simply
splitting the 18 gig in half. I installed Mac OS 8.6 fine, except the
apple installer couldn't update my disk drivers. And I have 7 gig of
free space for YDL.

So I installed BootX and rebooted from the YDL Install CD-1 (version
3.0.1). Ran through the install process and as soon as I choose a
partitioning scheme I got a similar bug message as this:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-
January/011321.html

I guess it is a problem with the partitioning from FWB. Similar to the
problem from the Panther Disk Utility. I am not running panther on the
machine, but I had it networked to a panther machine (that couldn't
possible have anything to do with it, could it?).

I am really not that technical and know very little about linux
(perhaps I am getting ahead of myself here) so the work around provided
here:

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-
May/007357.html

is a bit beyond me.

Should I start from scratch and forget the idea of using FWB to create
a RAID? Or is there some other way around it.

Thanks in advance