A migration of the YDL lists to forums: 2004 08/03

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
03 Aug 2004 20:23:55 -0400

although i dont like the change from the ML to the Message Boards, i am
not changing distro's, tho i can understand why some would... the BBS
software they are useing (phpbb http://www.phpbb.com/ ) is one i have
left other places for using... i tried using it, but i dont like it...
it reminds me alot of OS X itself, too much fluff, and the sugar coating
isnt good for me, i am border-line diabetic ;')  this was why i have
gone to linux on just about all my machines.

the format of a forum is significantly different then a mailing list,
where as a mailing list is more immediate (everything is local, and
therefore the speed of your machine) a web based forum isnt (everything
has to be loaded as read, and you must be online to read) also with
email someone is more likly to read responses to questions/posts not
related to their setup/problems and learn significant amounts of info...
on the forums this wont be done as much due to the extra 'work' and
'time' required to wait for the d/l...

although there are many more reasons that a ML is better then forums, i
think you get the idea...

sloopy.