Aw: lists vs forums ... response requested

Albrecht Dreß yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:45:19 +0200 (CEST)

Just to add my EUR 0.01... my Mac is living behind an ISDN dial-up connecti=
on. The mailing list is perfect - dial in, fetchmail everything, and I'm do=
ne (=3D=3D go offline). The forum is (a) a lot slower due to the nifty web =
interface (I wonder how long it will take for a 56 k modem user to load it.=
..) and (b) I have to be connected all the time (but I don't wont to sponso=
r my provider).

So, in short, for me removing the mailing list is a *very* bad idea.

Cheers, Albrecht.

> Ok, we screwed up! :)
>=20
> The feedback we have gained this afternoon is pretty clear --keep the
> mailing=20
> lists (or at least mailing list functionality). Ideally, we would like to=
=20
> merge the two, with a list that posts to a web interface such as PHP-BB, =
or
> a=20
> forum that maintains a mailing list.
>=20
> If you have an idea for how to combine these two (or examples of how it h=
as
>=20
> been done in the past), please email lists-vs-forums@terrasoftsolutions.c=
om
>=20
> Don't worry, we'll do the right thing ... We appreciate the feedback and=
=20
> support.

Arcor-DSL: jetzt ohne Einrichtungspreis einsteigen oder wechseln
Sie sparen 99,95 Euro. Arcor-DSL ist in vielen Anschlussgebieten
verf=FCgbar. http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/emf-dsl-1