busted new yum

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
04 Aug 2004 11:32:31 -0400

Friends, this saga is worse than any Soap.  After a fresh YDL 3.0 Sirius
reinstall where I had to rebuild and repair both rpm and yum with the
correct packages, which I finally figured out how to do just before Kai
announced moving onto to forums... I was able finally to update to yum
in its current form.

But the following happened:

[root@arakus aguila]# yum update gkrellm
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 updates
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - freshrpms
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - os
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 - ppc - updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
Resolving dependencies
Dependencies resolved
I will do the following:
[update: gkrellm 2.2.2-1.0.yd3.fr.ppc]
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages
Running test transaction:
Test transaction complete, Success!
gkrellm 100 % done 1/2
rpmdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30982) from dbcursor->c_put: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run
database recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30982) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30982) from dbcursor->c_close: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
error, run database recovery
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery
error: db4 error(-30982) from db->sync: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
database recovery
Updated:  gkrellm 2.2.2-1.0.yd3.fr.ppc
Transaction(s) Complete
[root@arakus aguila]#

Anyone have an idea of what is going on and how to correct this??