lists vs forums ... response requested

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 04 Aug 2004 16:10:01 -0400

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:44:48 -0600, Kai Staats wrote:

> If you have an idea for how to combine these two (or examples of how it
> has been done in the past), please email
> lists-vs-forums@terrasoftsolutions.com
>
> Don't worry, we'll do the right thing ... We appreciate the feedback and
> support.
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

Does everybody realize that this list is on gmane? I keep my subscription
set on nomail, so that it exists and permits me to post; I read (and,
rarely, post)on gmane, because it has most of the virtues of all three
: list, web forum, and usenet -- and is worth keeping a spamtrap address
for. To be sure, I too have favorite web forums; but for a list like this,
with 90% of it's content beyond my capacity and interest, gmane is by far
the way to go; wouldn't a web forum lose that?

--
Beartooth Implacable, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Keep in  mind that I know very little of what I'm talking about!