Lost in Flash Drive PCI USB SCSI hotplug, etc.

Andrew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 06 Aug 2004 22:32:37 -0400

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 18:33, Walt Pawley wrote:

<snipped>>>>

> # mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash

You may put this in a bash script for quicker mount/umount:

All you need is a text editor. I like nedit so thats what I'll use for
now.

]$ su
]# nedit

Write (or copy/paste) the following onto the nedit window:

--begin
#!/bin/bash

mount -t msdos /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash
# optional line but convenient:
ls -a /mnt/flash
--end

Save this file into /bin (I suggest /bin only because its the only
directory the default $PATH include) giving it a mean name like
'flashup'. Last step is to chmod the file so that everyone can execute
it. Of course, you may set permissions as you like'em...

]# chmod a+x /bin/flashup
]# exit

That way, all you'll ever need to do is type 'flashup' instead of the
whole mount line...

PS: Into fstab, why not set the fstype to 'auto'? I found it work just
fine on my system as long as the disk is one of those formats:
 ext3, ext2, nodev proc, nodev devpts, iso9660, vfat, hfs.