"cannot remove /var/run/console.lock"

raiyza yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:06:42 +1000

Thanks Norberto,
gave it a try but it`s not a password issue as, from linux single I created
a new user & still cannot get past the login box.
The passwords are correct but for some reason after logging in, I am
returned to an empty login box insted of to KDE.
There is no error message saying "incorrect password."

Tried looking at all the logs I can find, & hopefully some usefull info.
follows.

>From /var/log/kdm.log:

AUDIT: Fri Aug 6 01:00:43 2004: 786 X:client 2 rejected from list
Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list
Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list

Also xfs is not shutting down correctly.

Hope this is of use & thanks again.
--
Regards, ray.