XF86Config settings for 8500 or 8600

Stanko Juzbasic yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:13:20 +0200

On Aug 12, 2004, at 5:56 PM, sloopy wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 20:37, Stanko Juzbasic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd kindly ask anyone to whom it succeeded installing and runing YDL3
>> on 8500 type motherboard machine (i.e. 8500 or 8600) to send me a copy
>> of his/her
>>
>>   /etc/XF86Config        file.
>>
>> For a reason beyond my knowledge, the installer failed to recognize
>> the
>> hardware (on-board Apple graphics chip and SONY CPD-G200 monitor), so
>> have to hack it manually in order to get the X11 Server work.
>>

>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Stanko
>>

> you want the one for control video as you probly know...

?!
I need it in order to configure the X11 server be able to display
anything at all, instead of reporting error messages upon startx

screen not found

> and dont forget
> to setup the section for your monitor...

is this about forgetfulness?
i have to setup the entire XF86Config file so the system eventually
knows what to do.
i have to hack-in weird info on the on-board graphical chip, device
driver for it, monitor, and screens and a few other
	things impossible to guess, unless from a file which is result of a
successful configuration.

thanks in advance