Audacity on Aluminum PB 15" - need help.

Christopher Brown yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:21:16 -0700

Just wondering if anyone has an Aluminum PB that they have Audacity
successfully running on.

I have compiled from source and still have I/O errors at launch.

[user@localhost user]$ audacity
PaHost_OpenStream: could not open /dev/dsp for O_RDWR
PaHost_OpenStream: ERROR - result = -10000
PaHost_OpenStream: could not open /dev/dsp for O_RDONLY
PaHost_OpenStream: ERROR - result = -10000

Audacity still launches but doesn't record or play back. Also in the
preferences I am unable to change /dev/dsp to anything else.

Using KDE I have tried:
killall artsd && audacity

Under Gnome I used:
killall esd && audacity

Both give me the same error message. Good o'l Failsafe even failed me.

Can anyone offer up a solution, know of a file that needs modification?
Getting Audio recording to work is pretty key to working in Linux for
me. I'm a 'musician' and this is the one piece of software I NEED.

--

Christopher Brown
- chris-at-soundtorrent-dot-com