ide-scsi

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:46:15 -0400

Hey Derick -

Derick Centeno wrote:

> Hi Gang:
> I've done everything I can to get the ide-scsi module off my CD disks
> YDL 3.0 and 2.3, but for some reason I can't boot into the install
> program or emergency program residing there so that I can copy it onto
> my HD.  Maybe its the third part keyboard I have or the Apple firmware
> itself (just too old); in any case can somebody who has it...anybody
> download it and send it to me??
>
> Meanwhile I'll search the keyboard angle... I've done what could be done
> regarding software and writing/rewriting code snippets...
> Mercy..., just breath slowly count to 100 and keep going...
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks...

I'm just doing this from memory, but ide-scsi should have been installed
in the old 2.4.20 kernel. I was able to use it on my 7500 when I first
started using YDL. Since then I have down a hardware and software
shuffle, so I could very well be wrong - can't test it.

If just adding the kernel argument
	hdx=ide-scsi
doesn't work, you can always compile the newer cdrtools which purports
to support IDE drives.

g'luck

--
     It's what you make it man