WINE on OS X?

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 16:26:46 -0500

Friends:

I figure that many of us on these mailing lists are interested in
running other operating systems on our Macintosh hardware. Here's an
update on Darwine, an exciting new project that aims to port the Windows
"emulator," WINE ("WINE Is Not an Emulator") to Darwin and Mac OS X:

<http://www.osviews.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2046>

In addition to a transcript of the interview, there is a link to an
audio file.

If everything goes well, Darwine will allow us to install and use many
Windows applications on Mac OS X. Just think, you can experience the
thrill of the latest Internet Explorer exploit with all your friends!

Best wishes,
Clint

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: