sonnet upgrade for 9500/132

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
23 Aug 2004 16:25:15 -0400

Nothing is truly "straightforward"...although I have heard that nearly
everything is potentially solvable and others merely appear so.  You
need to provide more detailed information regarding your hardware, what
you are running etc.

Extensions usually refer to something the Mac OS is running, and an old
Mac OS is picky about what order the extensions boot up.  That however
can be best controlled via a control panels app which controls
extensions; I forgot which it is.  A shorter route rather than playing
guessing games to figure out which extensions should come first is to
run TechTools Pro on the Mac let it test the hardware and extensions and
everything else and you'll get a report on which extensions are in
conflict with one another as well as details regarding hardware
problems.  Follow whatever TechTools Pro recommends, even if it
recommends tossing a favorite extension.  There may be updates to said
extensions but I think anything for the Classic OS is a dead end anyway.
You may have to do a full Mac OS reinstall from scratch...see what
TechTools Pro says.

Linux can run in a really tiny space, in short 9 Gigs is plenty of space
as long as you are not booting from the external drive and expecting
Linux to run from there.  If you are attempting that then follow the
instructions for doing that posted on:

http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/start

There are some really useful information there; however the website
appears to be down for some reason.  Try them sometime at your
convenience, maybe they'll be up.

Again, upgrade to a G3 from what?  My meaning is that you did not
specify what computer you are using.  Depending on the Mac you use
getting a USB card would either be a waste, an advantage or the silliest
thing one could do.