After successfull install: Mozilla doesn't work...

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:16:33 -0400

Hey Mark-

markie@ydl.net wrote:
> OK, this time I ran "sh -x mozilla -profilemanager" and got the following
> result:
>
> + ./run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin -profilemanager
> ./mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:
> c annot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> + exitcode=127
>
> Now I need to find out how to upgrade the system, since when I tried yum, I
> got this result:
>
> $ yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
> Error - /var/cache/yum/base/header.info cannot be found
> Please ask your sysadmin to update the headers on this system.
>
> Mark

Sorry, I can't really help you on the mozilla prob, but for your yum
problems...

Are you running  'yum update' as root? If not, that could cause the
error, so try again as root.

If you are still having trouble, try as root:
	yum clean
Then try to update again (you are running yum update as root, right?).

If that doesn't work, try, again as root:
	rpm --rebuilddb

if that doesn't work, we'll get a bit more drastic.	cd into
'/var/cache/yum/' and, as root, run:
	tar -czvf headers.tar.gz *
This will gzip a backup archive of the all your yum headers - always a
good idea. Move 'headers.tar.gz' some place safe (out of that
directory), then, as root , run
	rm -Rf *
This will delete all of your header files, then you can start anew. Try
to update again. This should download all the headers that you just
deleted as well as update your system.

just remember that all this needs to be done as root

HTHO

--
     It's what you make it man
     Takes time