4.0 installed with ease! And now ...

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 13 14:53:55 MST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:15:17 -0800, Owen Stampflee wrote:

>> Nevertheless, and no reflection on anybody, there are still four things I
>> want soonest; I feel naked without : Opera, Firefox, Galeon, and above all
>> Pine. Can I just command "yum install pine," and similarly? If not, are
>> there repo problems? Anyone got any recommendations for or against
>> particular sources of any of those things? I'd rather use rpm than
>> tarballs, and a lot rather use yum than either ...
>
> Opera... commercial software... not going to be bundled.

I tried downloading it from opera.com, and did rpm -Uvh, but there's still
no launcher in the Main Menu.

> Firefox... coming to a YDL.net account near you soon.

I've got one; I think I must've messed up editing my yum.conf

> Galeon... no longer maintained.

Ouch!

> Pine... its already in YDL4... yum install pine should work.

I tried :
                     =====
[root at localhost root]# yum install pine
Server: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
retrygrab() failed for:
  ftp://<userid>:<password>@ftp.ydl.net/enhanced/yum/4.0/base/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file
ftp://<userid>:<password>@ftp.ydl.net/enhanced/yum/4.0/base/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: [Errno ftp error] 530 Login incorrect. [root at localhost
root]#
                       =====
-- where <userid> and <password> are the o nes that get me into my account.