General Vs. Newbie Lists - Correct Protocol

John Cochrane johnc33 at dircon.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 15:06:43 MST 2004

Question more out of courtesy really.....

I'm a newbie. I was about to post a question (over and above this one) but
I'm unsure about where to most appropriately post it. I would rather ask
*this* one question and subsequently post correctly, rather than annoy
people by posting incorrectly.

I was about to post the question in the newbie list...... because I am a
newbie. But I believe (with no disrespect whatsoever to any other newbies)
that the answer will best come from experience, and so I'm leaning towards
the general list - even though I understand that some of you who don't
*need* to, do actually browse the newbie list.

So, if I am in doubt about the crossover point (as in this case), which
should I lean towards.... or is it all so friendly that, aside from *really*
newbie-list questions (like "how do I start the machine"!) it doesn't matter
too much?

Thanks.... then I'll get on with posting the actual question!!

John