Web browser in 64 bit?

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Wed Dec 15 15:06:01 MST 2004

At 13:46 -0800 on 2004-12-15 James Cope wrote:

 > My web browser fails once I installed YHPC 64bit kernel and
 > supporting rpms... Any ideas how to work around that issue?

Mozilla does not work on PPC64, and it has been so since this summer.
the only workaround I know is to use other browser such as konquerror
(and keep hoping for a working mozilla).

You may want to try building epiphany against the mozilla libraries,
but I personally don't like epiphany.  You could also try to install a
32-bit binary and see if it works.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.