soundcard

Nigel Horne njh at bandsman.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 10:23:01 MST 2004

yum update kernel didn't work for me, it said something like
"boot configuration missing, can't upgrade" or something like that.
rpm -qa | kernel showed both the old and new ones but the boot system
only knew of the old one.

So I'm stuck with the crash every time you want to use NFS version :-(

-Nigel

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 15:55 +0000, Cian Duffy wrote:
> "yum update kernel*"
>
> The latest kernel fixes a LOT of issues with sound on G4/G5 machines,
> so its somewhat needed if you want audio of any kind.
>
> Cian
>

> On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:50:33 +0100, harald ornstein
> <h.ornstein at hetnet.nl> wrote:
> > I have installed YDL 4.0 on my MacG4. Though during the intstallation
> > the soundcard was detected it now says that on this system sound is not
> > available.
> > The window for soundcard detection shows: model  power Mac Sound and
> > module dmasound_pmac.
> > Can anybody tell me what's wrong?
> >
> > Harald

Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Typesetter.
NJH Music, Barnsley, UK.  ICQ#20252325
njh at despammed.com http://www.bandsman.co.uk