VDQ : repositories, compatibility of?

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 16 14:57:16 MST 2004

I'm wondering, once I manage to get my head around actually modifying my
yum.conf, whether there are any gotchas, such as packages that break other
packages.

Iiuc, the fedora folks are having some troubles with packages from one
repo that don't necessarily play nice with those from another -- though
there's a newish post from Max Kanat-Alexander on one of the fedora lists
than may mean that's been coped with; I'm not sure I follow it what he
says -- and I *think* he's talking FC3 anyway ....

Otoh, all the YDL sources I know of *seem* to mirror one another (when
they're up) -- or have I got that wrong?

Specifically, this question at least: Suppose I manage to get a yum.conf
put together properly so that it tries for packages both at freshrpms and
at ibiblio. Can I be sure they'll work together? I notice that Andrew
posted two possible yum.conf files, one for each -- not a single file with
both ....

I've been through dependency hell with mozilla and galeon before, and
don't want to go anywhere remotely similar again ....

--
Beartooth Autodidact, curmudgeonly codger learning linux
Remember I know precious little of what I'm talking about!