Video Card Suggestions for G4 Cube

Beth Johnson spamsink0 at resistance-is-fruitful.net
Thu Dec 16 18:58:04 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 09:35 -0800, Norberto Quintanar wrote:
> Beth, why reinvent the wheel?
> <http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-August/004351.html>
> Yes, it's for a flat panel monitor, but if you let us know what
> monitor you do hae I'm sure someone will be able to help with
> configuring XF86Config or you can try this:
> <http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuration+of+XF86Config>

Thanks for the link. It's a 17" Studio Display.

Since my previous two questions regarding this issue to this list went
largely unanswered, I kinda figured it can't be done right now, and it
appears that the framebuffer devices currently have problems driving
this display in X. Here's a thread I started:
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-
December/016901.html

The machine is currently in the box, awaiting more time. It's ever so
sweet, tho, and I really want to get it running so I can permanently
migrate to it for my desktop.

regards,
Beth
(who's really thinking installing Gentoo on the iBook was sooooo much
easier . . .)