Scribus under YDL-4.0

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 09:14:43 MST 2004

Since many of the recent posts submitted to this list are about things
that are broken or don't work well, I thought I would post something
"more positive" for a change.

I downloaded and built "Scibus"

	http://www.scribus.org.uk/index.php

For those who are unfamiliar with this package, Scibus is a professional
desktop publishing package that is touted as one of *the* killer
applications for Linux. Scibus is a very nice complement to the other
"office" tools packaged with YDL-4.

To build Scibus:
* download the Scibus tarball
* download the Scribus templates
* download the "little CMS" tarball
      http://www.littlecms.com/lcms-1.14.tar.gz

* unpack, build, and install little-CMS.

* unpack, build, and install Scribus.

* unpack, build, and install the Scibus templates.

* read the fine manual [on line].

The builds are uneventful.  The application appears to run just fine
under YDL-4.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net