Airport card, hostap and WPA supplicant

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Wed Dec 22 04:59:07 MST 2004

Derick Centeno wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 14:10, Brian McKee wrote:
>
>>Derick
>>Please don't disseminate comments like this without at least trying
>>to justify them....  It certainly isn't true in the blanket sense
>>you stated.
>>Brian
>>
>>On Tuesday, December 21, 2004, at 01:13  PM, Derick Centeno wrote:
>>

>>>You should be able to do fine using Apple's latest OS X software which
>>>is more stable and secure than any Linux environment anyway.
>

> Mr. McKee:
> You are wrong regarding how I decide to both share advice and provide
> recommendations.
>
> The simplest argument first.  I usually limit my statements to easily
> verifiable items.  For instance,regarding the quality of Apple's
> hardware and software most companies and many industries wish they could
> produce the kind of quality control and interface components so
> consistently produced across very many complex applications.  Of course,
> this is a matter of taste, but many see this quality of hardware and
> software as a critical necessity.

And so on, and so on...

We've barely just recovered from the Ubuntu Holy Wars, and Mr. Centeno
is at the verge of starting another one with Mac OS X. I hope not.

Although I have my opinions on both Ubuntu and Mac OS X, I will not
share them in this thread.

Please remember that the original poster asked help with setting up an
Airport Card under YDL. Read again: under YDL.

What in heavens name is this person helped with telling him OS X is so
much better ? He's trying for HIS reasons to make it work under YDL.
That's what he's asks questions for on this mailing list. And that's
what this mailing list is meant for.

Maybe, his problem can't be resolved under YDL, I don't know. But then
that should be the main answer to this person. Such answer was not found
in Mr. Centeno's reply. So I can perfectly understand other people have
the impression Mr. Centeno is just advocating another OS (I'm not
telling he really is, but his anwers give the impression).

In any case, with this reply I would like to ask everyone to really
carefully verify if replies given to questions really matter in the
context of this mailing list.

Sorry for the off-topicness of this post.

Geert Jan