Scribus under YDL-4.0

Steven Didier sdidier at camasnet.com
Wed Dec 22 10:03:53 MST 2004

On 12/22/04 8:36 AM, "Clinton MacDonald" <clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Dr. Sacco:
>
> Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
>> Since many of the recent posts submitted to this list are
>> about things that are broken or don't work well, I thought
>> I would post something "more positive" for a change.
>
> A breath of fresh air, sir!
>
>> I downloaded and built "Scribus"
>>
>> http://www.scribus.org.uk/index.php
>>
>> For those who are unfamiliar with this package, Scibus is
>> a professional desktop publishing package that is touted
>> as one of *the* killer applications for Linux. Scibus is
>> a very nice complement to the other "office" tools
>> packaged with YDL-4.
>
> Well done, and thanks for the report. Scribus is one of the programs I
> want to add to my armamentarium. It looks to be a great open source
> version of PageMaker/Quark Express that is undergoing very active
> development. I look forward to giving it a whirl (and I wonder how well
> it will be supported on the Mac OS X side -- that would be a big market
> for Scribus, I suspect).
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint

Just as a note of interest I've played with Scribus under YDL 3.01, Gentoo
and X11 on OSX. I'm waiting for a new hard drive-bigger and faster for my
TiBook  before I install it under YDL-4.
It just keeps getting better and it would be good if it were ported to OSX
so that it wouldn't have to be run under X11.

Merry Christmas and thanks for all you've done for the community Dr. Clint!
Steve

--
Steven J Didier
Chairman