ALSA problamo

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Wed Dec 22 19:56:57 MST 2004

Your /etc/modprobe.conf file should contain:

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116-* snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-powermac

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14* soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-powermac

# OSS compatibility alias
alias sound-service-*-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-*-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-*-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-*-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-*-12 snd-pcm-oss

install snd-card-0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-card-0 && {
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :; }
remove snd-card-0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || :; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-card-0

install sound-slot-0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install sound-slot-0 && {
/bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :; }
remove sound-slot-0 { /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >>/dev/null
2>&1 || :; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove sound-slot-0

Note that the "install" and "remove" lines are each one long line.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net