ydl-g] Article on YDL 4.0

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Dec 24 13:45:27 MST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Derick Centeno wrote:

> Greetings all:
> Happy Holidays.
>
> I came across an article which may be useful to the users of these
> lists.  The article should be judged on it's own merits and whether it

> http://www.apple-x.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1259

It struck me as a bit of a hatchet job, in that it was a
customized (non-default) install, by a person with a
self-professed dislike for RPM and the default desktop,
doing the review.

With the noted video card detection issue, fairness would seem
to require doing a basic installation, or a simple upgrade, to
rule out the possibility of 'operator error' having been
induced.  But maybe 'this is my opinion, fwiw' pieces do not
hold to that standard.

-- Russ Herrold