Yum Update: Great in Theory not in Practice

Jason Whitney jwingnut at sonic.net
Thu Dec 30 23:24:53 MST 2004

Hi all,
I have recently downloaded 4.0 and installed, everything works fine,
(well the modem is still a big ?)--- but there is one caveat.

Yum update fails each time I try, I get about 20% of the kernel-sources
and then it stops.  Just like that, the connection, poof.  I've tried
many times to no avail.  Hoping freshrpms would be a solution I tried
to add them to yum.conf but apparently got the syntax wrong because
after that yum stopped working altogether.

So to sum it all up, what's a better yum.conf not just for reliable
updates but also for "other" packages?

Any input would be great.

- Jason