Yum Update: Great in Theory not in Practice

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Dec 31 11:39:54 MST 2004

It would appear that EVERY mirror in the US is broken in some way in
regard to YDL4. You gotta go north of the border. As for FreshRPMs, the UK
mirror does quite nicely. Here is a yum.conf file you can use:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest

[base]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Base
baseurl=http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/distro/yellowdog/yum/4.0/base/

[updates]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Updates
baseurl=http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/distro/yellowdog/yum/4.0/update/

[extras]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 Extras
baseurl=http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/distro/yellowdog/yum/4.0/extras/

[freshrpms]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 FreshRPMs
baseurl=http://ayo.uk3.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/4.0/ppc/freshrpms/

[freshrpms_os]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 FreshRPMs OS
baseurl=http://ayo.uk3.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/4.0/ppc/os/

[freshrpms_updates]
name=Yellow Dog Linux 4.0 FreshRPMs Updates
baseurl=http://ayo.uk3.freshrpms.net/yellowdog/4.0/ppc/updates/