Help With Open Office 1.1

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 2 13:50:02 2004

----Sorry, had to send this web mail - looks like my pop server is down for a bit.

You can remove OO without yum (I prefer to use yum if I can to keep
things nice and tidy)

first, run "rpm -qi  openoffice" just to make sure that I have the
syntax right and that it's calling up the right version. (I'm not booted
into Linux now).
You should get a brief description of what OO is.
Next run "rpm -e openoffice"
This will remove the version that was brought up by "rpm -qi openoffice"

If I recall, there may be a bug that whacks out the new version and you
may need to reinstall, but I can't recall, and the newbie archives
have been down since November. Check out
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/instructions.html#linux. they may
have some insights there if 1.1 still refuses to work.