problems with evolution

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 7 20:25:02 2004

Mr. Ricken:

James Ricken <jsacem316 AT netzero DOT com> wrote:
> [...] when I log into my computer with Gnome.
> Evolution automatically starts, and I do not want it
> to.

I do this all the time, though I don't want it to,
either. Go to the Yellow Dog menu -> Preferences ->
More Preferences -> Sessions. From there you can set
or unset startup programs, and tell Gnome NOT to
"Automatically save changes to session." KDE has a
similar system that can be just as annoying -- or
helpful, if you want specific programs to start
automatically.

Best wishes,
Clint

--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>