php-mysql Connection

nathan r. hruby yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 8 07:53:01 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, John Kebbel wrote:

> Anyone got suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

"yum list \*php\*" will show all of the php packages availible and
installed.  One of those should be the matching php-mysql package for your
install.  If you manually built php on this machine, you'd probably need
to rebuild php, as it;s acting odd :)

> (The bad news is that after I fix this problem in my YDL development
> environment, I've got to do the same thing with an OS 10.3 and an OS X
> 2.8 machine where I plan to deploy the solutions.)

10.3's php is already built with the embedded mysql client libraries, no
futzing there.  10.2.8 you'll probably need to rebuild php, at least, the
version they shipped with 10.2 is really old and has some ish...

-n

nathan hruby <nhruby@uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free