SpeedTouch Modem attached to RedHat

Charles Trois yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 11 08:01:01 2004

le 10/02/04 20:01, yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com =E0
yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com a =E9crit=A0:

> Message: 2
> From: Zbigniew Lisiecki <zbyszek@evot.org>
> To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Subject: SpeedTouch Modem attached to RedHat
> Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 08:38:17 +0100
>=20
> Hi Charles
> i found in an archive your question about "no modules for USB product ...=
".
> I have a simmilar problem with SpeedTouch Modem attached to RedHat:
>=20
> ... usb.agent[12908]: ... no modules for USB product 6b9/4061/0
> ... SpeedTouch USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x6b9/0x4061) is  not claimed by a=
ny
> active driver
>=20
> Did you find the solution ? What does this message means if usb.users is =
set
> correctly ?
>=20
Hello Zbigniew,=20

Sorry I sent an unfinished message by mistake.

I have now solved my problem, but my setup may be different from yours.
Note that I have to use PPPoATM and acted accordingly, but the solution
applies to PPPoE as well.

On my LCD iMac, I installed YDL 3.0.1 and configured the kernel in this
fashion:

CONFIG_HOTPLUG=3Dy
CONFIG_ATM=3Dy
CONFIG_PPPOATM=3Dm   (it might be CONFIG_PPPOE for you)
CONFIG_USB_SPEEDTOUCH=3Dm

Then I installed the driver by running the program speedbundle-1.0. This is
very convenient, in that you just have to give the appropriate answer at
each step, and then the whole thing is working. The connection is
established as soon as Linux starts.

You may have to check that /etc/resolv.conf is all right, and perhaps to fi=
the permissions of /usr/sbin/pppd so that the service is available to every
user.

Cheers.

Charles