powerbook support

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 11 13:48:01 2004

Mr. Abarca:

Rolando Abarca <rabarca AT dcc DOT uchile DOT cl>
wrote:
> I've just installed YDL 3.0.1 on my Lombard PB
> and I really love the support!!

Congratulations!

> Anyway, I'm using gnome now, but I need a
> battery monitor, is there any gnome applet
> installed by default? I couldn't find any.

(I am not at my Yellow Dog Linux computer right now,
so some of my instructions might be hazy.) I am almost
certain that there is a rather nice Gnome "panel"
widget that shows battery levels. "Right click" (or,
move your mouse over the panel and press F12) on the
panel (the menu bar at the top or bottom of your
screen). You will see some options come up in a menu,
one of which allows you to add applets to the panel.
One of the applets is a battery monitor.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint
--
Dr. Clinton C. MacDonald | <mailto:clint DOT macdonald
AT sbcglobal DOT net>