Upgrading to a newer version of cups

Rich Stanton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 11 21:43:01 2004

I have a stock yellowdog 3 system, but am having some problems with cups
which I believe may be solved by moving to a newer release than that
provided by YDL.  I grabbed the source which included a spec file, and
ran rpmbuild -ta on it.  This has produced an rpm for me.  Is it just a
case of upgrading the existing cups rpm with this new one, or have YDL
modified their cups rpm such that I can't just drop in a new rpm?  I
haven't edited the spec file atall (wouldn't know where to start!) so
the new rpm is just standard.  Any gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks!