Codecs compile error on yellowdog

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 13 10:05:02 2004

At 11:39 -0500 on 2004-2-13 Jeff Donovan wrote:

 > make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/asterisk-0.7.1/codecs/gsm'
 > gcc -O6 -march=ppc -fomit-frame-pointer   -c -DNeedFunctionPrototypes=1
 > -funroll-loops -fPIC -DSASR -DNDEBUG    -DWAV49   -I./inc src/add.c
 > cc1: invalid option `arch=ppc'

The error message says it all. ;-) GCC has no such an option as -march
for PowerPC-based machines.  The configuration is the problem at hand,
not the build process.  Try changing the makefile (or the
configuration script if applicable) and remove the offending option.

It could be that ppc is not supported by the package (I am not
familiar with it), but the said option is wrong for sure.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.