Program to manage POP accounts

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 14 13:53:00 2004

Friends:

Is there a GUI or console-based program in Linux that
would allow me to "manage" my POP e-mail accounts?

By "managing" POP accounts, I would like to scan a
list of my pending and read messages from each of my
POP e-mail accounts and delete individual e-mails
selectively. On Mac OS X, I use a program called
POPMonitor:

<http://www.vechtwijk.nl/dev/popmonitor/>

POPMonitor polls my e-mail accounts periodically and
downloads the first 50 lines or so (it's user
configuarable) of each message. Then, I can select
individual messages for deletion from the server. Is
there a program such as this I can use that works with
YDL or even Mandrake on x86?

(In the day, I used to use telnet to access my
accounts and delete mail items, but none of my present
e-mail servers allow this -- which is probably good,
from a security point of view.)

Thanks!!!!

Best wishes,
Clint

--
clint DOT macdonald AT sbcglobal DOT net