"GLib incorrectly installed"?

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 18 06:31:02 2004

At 09:19 -0000 on 2004-2-18 LEONIDAS JEGOROVAS wrote:

 > Yeah there is a directory named 'glib-2.0', and there are loads of
 > executables that begin with 'lib', but no 'glib-config'.

I did not mean that the executable is in /usr/local/lib, sorry for the
confusion.  It should be instead in /usr/local/bin.  I assume it is
not there, and I am assuming also that you have an executable
/usr/local/bin/glib2-config.  If so, change to /usr/local/bin and do

    ln -s glib2-config glib-config

Do not forget to perform the other step I was talking about: edit
/etc/ld.so.conf and add at the end of it the line

    /usr/local/lib

and run

    ldconfig

After all of this the compilatiopn of applications using GLib should
work (at the very least they should no longer choke at Glib ;-) ).
Should such compilations continue to fail at the same point I confess
I am at a loss about what is happening there.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.