trouble installing 3.0.1

Russell McManus yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Feb 19 11:54:02 2004

I'm having trouble installing 3.0.1 on a 9600MP.  It seems that
install cd 1 can't be read by mac os 9.  I created the install cd sets
myself by downloading to ibiblio, and burning the images using
cdrecord on an i386 box.

The message I get is: "this disk is unreadable by this computer."

I can mount the cd's on my i386 box after burning them all right, and
I can drop in install disk 2 or 3, and macos lets me browse the files
there.  So it's not clear to me what is broken.  I have tried burning
disk 1 again, but it failed in the same way.

Should I try downloading install disk 1 again?  Any other ideas?

-russ