netatalk shares mount on OS9, not OS 10.2.8

Henry Olders yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 21 16:39:01 2004

I have a small home network with a 7200/120 running YDL 3.0.1 and
netatalk 1.5.5. The directories on this machine can be mounted on a
PowerCenter running OS 9.1, and also on a Pismo running OS 9.2 as
classic under OS 10.2.8. When not in classic, OS 10 "connect to server"
sees the 7200, and sees the shares, but when I attempt to mount them,
it asks for a username and password, but fails to connect with a "login
failed" message.

Interestingly, if I first mount the shares under classic, and then
eject, then force quit classic, I am able to mount the shares under OS
10. However, if I reboot OS 10, I get the "login failed" message again.

I have verified that AppleTalk is running on OS 10.

Any idea how I can get OS 10 to log in to netatalk?

Thanks for any ideas or help.

Henry