Exchange files between OS 9 and Mol

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 22 14:57:01 2004

Mr. Schloemer:

Joerg Schloemer <tinkov AT web DOT de> wrote:
> I've just got Mol running partly. Can anybody
> give me a hint how to exchange files between
> OS 9 and YDL 3.01?

Assume you mean share files between you OS 9 partition
and your YDL partition on the same machine... right?

The main warning is that you cannot have the same
partition mounted in both the Mac OS 9 and YD Linux
environments. The easiest way I have found to do that
was to create at initial installation time (sorry, but
you will probably have to repartition your hard drive
and reinstall everything to accomplish this) a
"transfer" partition in the HFS (not HFS+) format. See
an earlier post on this topic:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-newbie/2003-August/004368.html>

If you have more questions, just ask. And, good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint

=====