regarding gkrellm

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 22 17:35:02 2004

If you want to just gkrellm (or any app for that matter) to start up on
login, you need to:
	Go to Preferences > More Preferences > Sessions.
	Click on the "Startup Programs" tab
	Click the "Add" button
	Type in the command you want to start at login
	Click "OK"
	Click "Close"
That ought to get you where you want to be.

You can also run any process in the background from the terminal adding
a [space]& to the end of the command. e.g.:
	gkrellm & [enter]
will open the gkrellm app and then return the command prompt.

HTHO

     "It's what you make it, man
     Takes time.
     A little bit