postinstall problem with two disks (probe order)

Russell McManus yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sun Feb 22 20:29:01 2004

I've installed 3.0.1 thanks to the help I've gotten on this
list, but I still can't boot correctly.

When I did the install, I needed to use two disks for space reasons.
During the install, the disk with the root partition showed up as sda
and the /usr disk showed up as sdb.  The /etc/fstab created during
installation reflects this.

But when I boot into the kernel, it probes the /usr disk first,
assigning it sda.  As a result, the /etc/fstab file contains incorrect
information.  How can I interrupt the boot process and fix up the
/etc/fstab file?

-russ