apt-get/yum repositories

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Feb 23 07:44:01 2004

Scott Kellogg wrote :

> > But if you decided that they were burning issues, you could package them, start your own apt-get/yum repository and post back here with the URL so others would benefit from your work!
> >

> Heh!  Looks like this is what's going to have to happen.  Give me a
> little while.

Then you may want to reuse/adapt spec files from Dag, as he already packages
mozilla and all of its cousins, as well as tons of other packages for Red Hat
Linux and Fedora. Would save you lots of time for sure.

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/

Upon request, I guess I could also easily just rebuild some of those and
throw them into my YDL section. Newer upstream versions wouldn't be as
closely tracked as for the rest, though.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.2-1.81
Load : 1.04 0.72 0.53