Install from CD drive connected to Sonnet ATA/66 card

Chris yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 24 07:19:37 2004

Hi,
I am trying to install YDL 3.0.1 on a PowerTowerPro/225. The internal SCSI
CD drive is dead so I am trying to install YDL using a ATAPI CD drive
connected to a Sonnet tempo ultra ATA/66 PCI card.

When I boot into YDL using bootx it recognizes the Sonnet card. However,
when I choose to install from local CD-ROM it says it can't find the
yellowdog CD in any of my CD-ROM drives. I have tried using various
different ATAPI CD drives but get the same result.
I burned the yellowdog install CDs from downloaded iso images using mac os x
dsik copy.
I have also tried installing from HTTP server using a G3 running OS X as an
HTTP server but it gets to the second install file then stops with an error.

Any help would be much appreciated