YDL - newbie question

Sam Martin yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 24 15:44:02 2004

--0-753092774-1077662932=:32082

Hello

I am trying to install Linux on my G5, and downloaded the ISO images ,
I also formatted my hard drive to be a Linux only disk, by partioning as "free space"
Now, I installed YDL, (selected auto partioning), and the message told me that
my root file system is /dev/sda3.
After successfully finishing installation, I tried to boot Linux, by restarting the machine
and all I get is a blinking folder ,. what am I missing. I followed instructions from the manual.

Next thing I did was go to OF, and tried to boot a zImage I had using this root partiton,
when I do that while booting I get "spuerblock does not exist, or /dev/sda3 does not exist"... I cant find ay sda under /dev.

Can anyone point me to the mistake I might be making ?

Thanks

Sam

--0-753092774-1077662932=:32082

<DIV>Hello</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I am trying to install Linux on my G5, and downloaded the ISO images ,</DIV>
<DIV>I also formatted my hard drive to be a Linux only disk, by partioning as "free space"</DIV>
<DIV>Now, I installed YDL, (selected auto partioning), and the message told me that </DIV>
<DIV>my root file system is /dev/sda3. </DIV>
<DIV>After successfully finishing installation, I tried to boot Linux, by restarting the machine</DIV>
<DIV>and all I get is a blinking folder ,. what am I missing. I followed instructions from the manual.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Next thing I did was go to OF, and tried to boot a zImage I had using this root partiton,</DIV>
<DIV>when I do that while booting I get "spuerblock does not exist, or /dev/sda3 does not exist"... I cant find ay sda under /dev.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Can anyone point me to the mistake I might be making ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sam</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>