iBook G4 Radeon 9200

Dan Fontenot yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Feb 24 21:08:01 2004

I have looked back through the last several months of archives and
don't see a discussion of this particular issue.

I have an iBook G4, 1Ghz which has the Radeon 9200 video card. YDL's
site says this is still an untested/unsupported card. I have install
YDL 3.0.1 and can get the screen to come up in 8 bit depth (so very
ugly) but it obviously needs a proper driver.

Does anyone know where such a driver can be found (ATI's site has Linux
drivers for i386 machines, but not PowerPC)? Also, I am still new at
this so would need some direction on installing this driver (if one
exists) and reconfiguring my system.

Thanks,
Dan
dfontenot@mac.com