read only file system

Henry Olders yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Feb 25 20:12:01 2004

On Wednesday, Feb 25, 2004, at 14:16 Canada/Eastern, Brian Barr wrote:

> With the partition unmounted, what are the permissions on the mount
> point (/macos9) ?

Before unmounting, the permissions are: drwxr-xr-x.

This is unchanged after unmounting; however, with the partition
unmounted, I was able to change the permissions to drwxrwxrwx.

Unfortunately, mounting the partition changes the permissions back to
drwxr-xr-x, and I again get read-only file system when I try to make
any modifications, including changing permissions.

I'm tempted to back up the drive, reformat as hfs, restore, and see
what happens. But that seems like a lot of downtime. I'm hoping for
some other things to try. Thanks again for your help.

Henry