New guy to the yellowdog-general mailing list (with two questions)

Steve Milov yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 27 18:08:01 2004

Greetings all, my name is Steve I live in Brooklyn New
York.  I run YD3.0 on my PB G4 with great results
except for two things.
The first is my CD ROM thrashes when I boot the system
or from sleeping when I open the screen.  The CD ROM
worked fine under OSX, I encountered this problem even
under Mandrake.

Second issue, I'm trying to compile a program that
uses the sqrt() function for a C class I'm taking.  I
get the following error when I compile.
]
/tmp/cc1D4spp.o(.text+0xa0):  In function 'main':
: undefined refrence to 'sqrt'
/tmp/cc1D4spp.o(.text+0xa0):  In function 'main':
: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 sqrt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The only way I can sqrt to behave is if I type:
double sqrt(sqrt x);

on a line all by itself, but that doesnt help me with
what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide for the issues
listed.

Steve M