YDL in Mac OS X Hints today

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Feb 27 21:54:01 2004

Mr. Seufert:

Thanks for your response:

Tim Seufert <tas AT mindspring DOT com> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2004, at 7:10 PM, Clinton MacDonald
> wrote:
> > I need to be able to type long diatribes
> > into poorly designed forms,
>
> Not sure about support of forms, but have you
> ever tried LyX? It's generally very cool for
> writing technical documents.

I have heard of LyX (and the somehow related TEX and
LaTEX). I am attracted by the openness and
cross-platformness (to coin a word) of its ASCII-based
format, while being simultaneously repulsed by the
thought of having to learn a page layout language.

What are your experiences with LyX? Is there a Mac OS
X incarnation you can recommend that I can play with
until I fix my YDL Wallstreet PowerBook? Is there a
tutorial that an old guy can comprehend?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Clint

=====