install debian package files on YDL?

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Feb 28 23:39:01 2004

There is a tool to convert .debs to .rpms . It's called alien. Check
this.

http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/RPM-for-Unix-HOWTO-8.html

It's talking about Solaris, but the procedure is exactly the same for
you. You'll have to get alien from www.rpmfind.net, as it's not part of
the YDL sources. I sugest you get a src.rpm the do a:

#] su -c "rpmbuild --rebuild alien.???.src.rpm"

Note: that at the end the rpm ends up in
/usr/src/rpm/RPMS/ppc/alien.?????.ppc.rpm

then install it and you can do the conversion that way.